Thursday, September 16, 2010

38 Weeks

We have officially met every goal that was set for us in terms of keeping the baby in. Justin and I are both hoping for Alexa to arrive any time now.

Yesterday was our 38 week appointment. I weigh 121.8lbs! Alexa's heart rate was 154. My fundal height was 37 centimeters. My blood pressure had to be taken twice. The first time it was 140/100 and the second time it was 140/94. This is borderline concerning to them. So they planned on checking it again on Friday morning. The doctor said my cervix was 3+, 80% effaced & the baby was at +1 station. So there has not been any notable changes from last week. He did say I had "bulging membranes." This basically means that the baby is low and pushing the amniotic sac through the cervix. This does not mean anything more than my water will more than likely break on its own when I do go into labor. I also had my membrane swept. This is an aggressive internal exam that separates the amniotic sac from the uterine wall. We are hoping that it will help bring Alexa into the world sooner rather than later. Sometimes people will have immediate responses (I did not) and sometimes it does nothing to progress things.

Around 9pm I had a huge burst of energy, it was almost concerning. Then within an hour I felt as though every bit of energy left my body. I thought I was going to be sick, so I moved into the bathroom. I ended up getting very dizzy & sitting on the bathroom floor until Justin came in. He immediately called the doctor who told us to get to the hospital ASAP. We arrived at the hospital just after 10pm. My blood pressure was about what it was at the office, but we were able to lower it by having me lay on my left side. Dr. Nwanagu checked me & said I was the same as I was in the office. He wanted to keep me for a few hours to make sure the blood pressure was not as issue. At 12am I was checked at 4 centimeters & at 2am I was 5 centimeters. It was decided that I would be admitted to labor in delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment