Monday, September 27, 2010

2 Weeks Old!

Time is going by fast. Alexa lost her umbilical cord at 9 days old. There is still little pieces that need to finish drying out, but overall it looks good. On Sunday she had her first trip to church. We had to get up 2 hours early to get everyone showered, dressed & fed. Alexa slept through bible study. Margaret Ann & Marie had a great time loving on her. After bible study we changed her & I fed her. We then made it to 45 minutes of our regular church service. Alexa slept in my arms the entire time (even through the music). After the service we went to lunch with the Dieckmann's. Everyone sat and stared at her while she slept in her carseat. We then spent the afternoon watching our first family football game.

Wednesday was Justin's last day home on paternity leave. He drove us up to Charlotte to pick up Megan & Matthew. Alexa did awesome in the car. I actually had to wake her up to eat once we arrived. I was sooo excited to see Megan after 3 months and meet baby Matthew.

At Alexa's two week appointment we received a bunch of great news. She gained 9oz. since last Tuesday. After all the breastfeeding concerns I had, this was really reassuring that she is getting enough to eat. So we will be able to continue for now. :) We also found out her biliruben level went down to 11.2. The doctor said this is a great thing. We do still need to make sure she is having frequent feedings & give her some time in the sun. The doctor said everything else looks "perfect". I was given the option to bring her back next week for a weight check just to make sure the nursing is still going well.

I cant believe how much she has changed for the last 14 days. She still sleeps most of the day, but her awake time is very different. She seems to have more control of her arms & legs. She also has more of an interest with her eyes. Though she cannot really focus on anyone or anything in particular, she notices when things change.

One of my favorite things that has changed is her ability to distinguish me from anyone else. I am not sure if its through sent or touch yet, but she will instantly calm down when I hold her. I love being that comfort for her. Motherhood is everything & more of what I thought it would be. It still amazes me everyday that Alexa is 1/2 Justin & 1/2 me. I just hope time can slow down just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment