Sunday, September 16, 2012

Guess who is two???

My baby, I mean my big girl is now two years old. Alexa weighs 23lbs 4oz and is 32.75inches tall (9% & 25% tile). It looks like she is going to be tiny like her Momma. Alexa had lots of birthday celebrations. We decided to have her family party over Labor Day weekend in Cincinnati like we did last year. The location is the most central we can get to all of our families. We were very fortunate to have all of Alexa's Grandparents and even 2 of her Great-Grandparents travel in town to celebrate. Alexa got to spend a little bit of one on one time with each of them. Although she was being a bit shy, I still think she had a good time. She was able to play with her two cousins on my side as well.

Justin took on the task of making Alexa's cake. He once again surprised me with this natural ability to make something look very professional on his very first try. His cake looked amazing! He made the fondant from scratch and everything was edible except for the yellow bow on top.

Alexa was excited when she saw the cake, but she still decided not to eat any of it. She has learned the Happy Birthday song & sang it while her cousins ate the cake.

The day of Alexa's actual 2nd birthday we had a quiet family day. Alexa and I ate a homemade breakfast which I prepared and then we all three went to Dave & Buster's. Of course I could not resist a morning photo shoot.



Alexa had a great time at Dave & Busters and even had her first taste of candy (thanks to Daddy). After her nap we had some neighbors over for a small celebration. Alexa really enjoyed being sung to. She prefers the smaller crowds as do I. She ate a little bit of her cake which made us both very happy and then played with Ariel & Angelina.

Since Alexa's birthday fell on a Sunday this year we her school celebration the next day. We were able to supply cupcakes, juice, plates, cups, napkins, table cloth & streamers. Most of it we recycled from her previous parties. Everything turned out great & Alexa had another good celebration. She even ate some of her cupcake but no icing. She was showing off a little bit and insisted on throwing away her cup, plate & washing her hands by herself a few times.

Alexa is a very happy toddler. She can play independently or with others. She can be shy around new people but loves all animals. She knows her numbers up to 10, all her primary colors including pink black & white, about 10 shapes and a few letters. Alexa's vocal skills are still a bit hard for some people to understand. Sometimes I have to interpret for her. We are working hard at getting her to enunciate some of her sounds better. Developmentally I believe she is right on track for success. Alexa also has a very sweet heart. She is very nurturing and enjoying showing affection. There is nothing I love more than cuddling with her. I could not be more in love with my little girl. I feel very blessed to have been chosen to her mother.

Happy Birthday Alexa June!

No comments:

Post a Comment