Thursday, July 8, 2010

Third Trimester/ 28 weeks!

We are finally into the last trimester. The third trimester is usually the shortest trimester, which makes me very excited. Once we hit September 9th we are considered full term & can deliver anytime up to October 10th before we discuss induction. Kind of scary to think that is only 2 months away.

We had our 28 week appointment yesterday. I gained another 3lbs... this is really starting to get old. The doctor's say I am still in a healthy range, so I guess there should be no worries from me. My blood pressure was still a little high, but lower then what it's been. I also had the glucose test. This ended up being no big deal. The worst part was having to wait an hour to get my blood drawn. The doctor's office will call me if the test comes back irregular (which I am guessing will not be the case). Alexa had a strong 154 heart beat & my belly is measuring right on schedule in size. We go back on July 21st for our next check up.

This past week ended our crazy schedule. We had an amazing time in Cincinnati. The family baby shower was awesome. I was so happy to see everyone having a good time. Alexa got a bunch of adorable outfits and a lot of the big items on our registry. As soon as we made it home, Justin started putting the nursery furniture together. It all looks great so far. We still have to pick up the rest of our gifts from Greenville & then we will be ready to actually decorate her room. Hopefully we will be doing this over the next few weeks.

Alexa should be around 2 and a quarter pounds & 14.8 inches in length. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

This week we are looking forward to getting back into our routine at home & starting our hospital birthing class. (OK well one of us is looking forward to the class)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get so many big items for Alexa and that her nursery is coming together. :-)
    I hope you enjoy your birthing class. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get as many massages (or I mean, learn relaxation techniques) as I did for the birthing class!!! It was great!

    ReplyDelete