Thursday, July 22, 2010

The big 30!

Yah we are 75% of the way through the pregnancy. For some reason being in the 30's sounds way more pregnant than the 20's (which of course it is). Anyways...

This was a good week. We went to visit Jayson, Leah & JB. I was really worried about the drive, but decided that it was worth the discomfort. The way up there was not so bad. We did it in 2 days, so we had less time in the car. Sunday felt like an eternity. We ended up in the car for more than 10 hours. We only took necessary breaks, but the traffic slowed us down & it is over 500 miles! The visit on the other hand was really nice. We enjoyed having time to relax & talk. I know it meant a lot to Justin to have a little more time with his brother before he leaves.

On Wednesday we had our 30 week check up. I only put on 2lbs over the last 2 weeks. I am expected to put on about a pound a week for the rest of the pregnancy, so this is right on track. I cant believe I am admitting this, but at this point I have put on 21lbs. My blood pressure was right on the mark & Alexa had a heart beat of 158. This is the highest hers has been in awhile, but still nothing to be concerned with.

This last week I started having some pains in my lower belly with some contractions. The doctor was not concerned with the pain. He said it is one of those not fun symptoms of pregnancy. He was concerned with the contractions. He wants me to start timing them. I am suppose to write down the time whenever one starts. If I have more than 4 in an hour for 2 hours straight then I need to call him. Hopefully over the next few days I will have a better idea on rather they are something we need to worry about.

That's about it... only 10 more weeks until Alexa's due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment