Thursday, July 29, 2010

31 Weeks!

Alexa this week should be around 16 inches long & about 3lbs 3 ounces. She should be starting her final growth spurt. For the next 7 weeks she should gain up to a half a pound a week. Her last major organ development is the lungs. They will continue to mature for the last 2 months.

She is very active little girl. I feel her constantly moving & she can even wake me up through out the night. This week I was able to recognize her hiccups. I can feel them low in the belly & she usually has them for about 7-8 minutes. The doctor says this is a good sign that all is well.

The past weekend we had our church picnic. Of course it was over 100* with a little breeze. I stayed in the shade & had lots of fluids. We all 3 survived with out a problem. We also had another birthing class on Monday. I could really go with out watching the videos, but I guess they are apart of the experience. We learned more about relaxation methods & different laboring positions. Over all we both left there excited & well informed. Only 2 more weeks of this class.

We decided to try out the infant seat in my car. As expected it is a very tight fit. My biggest challenge will be trying to maneuver her into the car with out flipping it sideways. YIKES! Justin's car is 4 doors & holds the car seat a lot better. So we may end up switching vehicles for a few months (don't tell him). My car had a recall on the drivers airbag. After getting this fixed this week I was told my car needed about $2000 worth of maintenance done on it. Of course this was the dealers price, so realistically its about $800-900 and nothing needs to be done immediately. So we may just need up looking at replacing it before to long.

This next week will be a VERY busy one for all 3 of us. We have a list of things we "need" to do before our princess arrives & I am insisting on getting them done this weekend. We also have our breastfeeding class on Saturday morning. I have heard really good things about this class & am looking forward to taking a lot from it. On Sunday we are going to a BBQ at our friends on the lake. I cannot wait to cool off in the water.

9 More weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment