Thursday, August 5, 2010

32 Weeks

This past week has been a good one. Justin & I attended a breastfeeding course. We both learned A LOT & feel more prepared for it. We also had another birthing class. We learned about pain management & birthing plans. They are not pushing for us to have a birth plan, instead they are wanting us to be prepared for possible outcomes. Our last class is on Monday!

Alexa has been moving like crazy. She does not seem to be doing much sleeping. I can tell she is getting lower, but she can still kick my ribs. She should be around 3.75lbs and 17inches in length. All 5 of her senses should be fully working & she may even have hair.

We had our 32 weeks appointment yesterday. I put on 1.2lbs (114.4 or a total of 22lbs). My blood pressure was 123/95 & fundal height was 31centimeters. Alexa's heart beat was 134BPM and strong. I was also given a prescriptions for a yeast infection. It should be an easy fix.

I also expressed my concern to the doctor regarding the possibility of needing a C-Section because of my size. He said it was more about the size of the baby. He thinks a baby 7 1/2lbs or smaller should not be a problem. Basically saying it would be easier for me to deliver at 37 weeks over 39-40 weeks. So I should come off modified activity at 37 weeks (assuming Alexa is doing great) and hopefully will be able to successfully have a vaginal birth in the weeks following. I am still hoping to keep her in there as long as she needs, but not over my due date. He also said he will not let me go more than 1 weeks over my due date. So there is an end in sight... Alexa will be here by October 7th!

Saturday we have our follow up 4D ultrasound. This was a package deal we started in April when we found out her gender. This visit should give us more vivid shots of her face & allow us to watch her movements. We are both very excited to see her. I am also planning on heading to Cincinnati to meet my nephew Matthew. I am still comfortable traveling, but will need to be back before August 18th (my next appointment)... so hopefully he will arrive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment