Thursday, July 15, 2010

29 Weeks!

This past week has been brought back a sense of normalcy to our lives. On Friday we saw Dispicable Me & Saturday we did next to nothing. It was very relaxing & nice to spend some time alone. After church on Sunday we hung out at our friends house. Though we were suppose to swim (which I was really looking forward to) because of the weather we ended up playing Apples to Apples inside. I really enjoy this particular group of friends. Justin is able to hang out with the guys and I can talk to the girls about the pregnancy or really anything Justin may not want to talk about. I was able to ask our friend Liz some questions I had, which is always a big help. I am starting to feel more confident in the decisions we are making & our ability to raise a child.

Monday was our first birthing class. Justin agreed to attend the classes with his full attention, but I know he was really dreading them. As we pull into the hospital garage we see a man wearing his Army uniform holding pillows under his arm. This was a great sign! It was almost instantly that Justin perked up. Not only did he realize that I was telling the trust about the Dad's to be attending the class, but that he would have someone to talk (or complain with). We caught up with Justin's new BFF and found out that he is an Army JAG Captain. Wow things could not get better in my mind. Not only was he Army, but he was a JAG officer, exactly like Justin wants to be one day.

The class was about as I expected. There were 10 pregnant women all due in either August or September & their husbands. One girl is due September 30th with a little boy, I felt connected to her for some reason... LOL! We did basic introductions, an over view of birth & some relaxation techniques. I have to admit that I did not learn very much, but do feel more confident in the labor process. Justin & I both had trouble with the relaxation stuff. We are just very high strung people & turning off the lights to take deep breaths just didn't do it for us. Oh well... there is always the epidural!

Our instructor explained that she would do hospital tours following each class of week, starting this week. So we decided to get ours out of the way. After being in the triage 5 weeks ago, it was nice to actually walk into the hospital on our own terms. I personally enjoyed walking past all the nurseries & seeing the babies. We did get all of our questions answered & hope we can stay calm to remember everything when the big day comes. Did I mention that it is only 11 weeks away???

On our way home from the birthing class Justin & I both agreed we enjoyed it. This was a huge relief to me. I know we still have 4 more sessions, a Baby 101 class & breast feeding class ahead of us, but it is progress. The baby 101 class is tonight. I really hope there is more to it then how to change a diaper, but we will see.

This week I have been feeling really good. Alexa is very active in my belly. I can completely tell her sleep cycle. She responds to the types of food I eat & plays a kicking game with Daddy. It's nice to have an "easy" week of pregnancy. I am finding it a little more difficult to do basic things, but would not trade it for anything.

Alexa now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain

This weekend we are taking a quick over night visit to see Jayson, Leah & JB in Kentucky. We are riding with Bill, which will be a big help to both of us. I will not have to do any of the driving & will have a lot of room to spread out in the car. This visit is really important to Justin & I am glad we are able to do it. Justin will also be starting postal school on Monday. Well that sums up are week!

No comments:

Post a Comment