Friday, January 22, 2010

Military Doctors

This post is not going to bash the wonderful doctors that I have been assigned to. Anyone who was dealt with military doctors or hospitals can completely sense the sarcasm. Instead, I want to share with you all our first doctor appointment. Since I have recently started working, my schedule has been crazy. I know longer have a day to myself to run errands and make appointments. Fortunately, I worked really quick this week & was able to give myself Friday off.Justin & I arrived at the hospital at 8:45am. After waiting 45 minutes to go back, I was finally called. A nurse took us down a very long hallway, into our room. I was then given a urine pregnancy test, which was confirmed! It was such a relief to have a professional confirm my diagnosis...lol! Justin had to believe me now :) We were then taken into the consultation room to pick an OB. They give us a list, tell us a little about each of them, and then we just pick one. I sure hope, I picked a good one.I am very excited to have a civilian physician. My doctor is located in downtown Columbia, only about 10 minutes from where we live. Justin then talked to his branch manager and had his orders changed to October. We will be able to stay in SC until after the baby is born. I really hope he can get his orders pushed back a little bit more, so we are not moving an infant.

No comments:

Post a Comment