Friday, April 13, 2012

Introducing Laney



For the last three years Justin has talked about getting a dog. He knew deep down that it was not practical for us to get a dog due to our traveling, having a baby & then the deployment. I however did not want a dog. I knew it was not only not practically but also that we are busy enough with 2 cats, Alexa & 2 full time jobs. Something in me changed towards the end of the deployment. I wanted to get something for Justin that would really be his and give him something to look forward to. I started talking to him about getting a dog when he returned. He seemed excited about this. Fast forward 2 months. We looked at few different options and decided to go with a breeder. We wanted to make sure we were getting a full breed boxer. We did not want to risk getting some sort of pit or other aggressive dog. We decided a puppy would be best to help Alexa and the cats with the transition. After a few weeks of looking I found a breeder that had 2 brindles, 2 fawns & 1 white puppy. I knew we only wanted a brindle. I emailed her and found out she had one brindle few left. I was excited.

We picked up Laney Bug the day before Justin's 26th birthday. The first two weeks Laney peed on the carpets every few minutes and cried all night long. After a month we had both of those under control. We are still perfecting the potty training but she has come a long way. Laney was 5lbs when we got here. She was VERY tiny for her age. At 3 1/2 months old she started catching up in size. She is now 19.3lbs. She knows her name a several commands. Look at our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment