Saturday, February 2, 2013

Wrapping up the first trimester!

I am sooo glad it's February. I am taking a very positive outlook on this month. This month I will...

  • Announce our pregnancy to everyone :)
  • Stop having morning sickness
  • Feel more secure about the pregnancy
  • Find the energy to pack for our California vacation!!!
  • Start taking weekly pregnancy belly shots
Becoming secure in this pregnancy is really crucial for me. I cannot live in fear of what tomorrow brings. Today I can say "I am pregnant." Hoping this optimism will keep up. 

The last few weeks I have continued to have morning sickness. For me it's been more like afternoon sickness. I stopped taking progesterone due to the headaches. I felt really guilt about it for awhile, but I am more at ease. Last week I started to get really nervous that something was wrong with the baby. I could not find the heart beat on my doppler. I really tried to get bad thoughts out of my head, but could not. I decided to go into the doctors to get checked out. My normal doctor was not in that day so I saw one of her partners. I think he thought I was a bit crazy. He could not find the heart beat either so we did a quick ultra sound & this is what he found. 

The baby was moving around & her (my guess) was flickering away. I felt silly for going to the doctors, but it did give me a sense of peace for a few days. My regular check up is scheduled for next Thursday. I am sooo excited. My doctor likes to do quick ultra sounds just to make sure things are OK. We plan on announcing the pregnancy after that appointment.

My evening exhaustion is kicking in. I am going to go rest up. Happy Saturday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment