Sunday, August 25, 2013

Settling into our new normal...

What a fun week it has been. The last of our out of town visitors left this week. Tuesday was our first day of "normal." Justin went back to work & grad school. Alexa went back to Galaxy (pre-school) and Addison and I had our first day home together. Justin has been very busy catching up on the work he missed for two weeks. He is hitting the end of his first quarter of grad school. He has been doing LOTS of homework and study for finals. Only 7 more quarters to go.

Alexa had a tough time getting back into her routine. She has really enjoyed being home more than normal and all the extra Grandparent spoiling. This week she went to Galaxy everyday and it seemed to help. I take her in after breakfast and pick her up right after her afternoon snack. She is there a total of 5 hours a day. It has been a nice break for me too. She will continue to go next week until we head to Cincinnati. Oh and a side note. Alexa is no longer having accidents. I guess our short regression ended. :) She is only wearing pull ups at night. They are usually dry and I am sure she can learn to not wear them. I am just not ready for that yet. One accident is too many for me right now. We will address it again at another time.

 Addison and I are working on nursing, napping (her) and housework (me). We are getting lots of cuddle time in too. I just love the newborn/infant bonding stage. I cannot get enough of her little hands, uncontrollable facial expressions and our starring contests. Nursing is still going OK. We both seem to be more comfortable with it. I am concerned about my supply not being enough for her. Hopefully we will be able to continue nursing but only time will tell.

This week we will get the house cleaned up, pack our bags and head to Ohio. I CANNOT wait for my family to meet Addison and spend time with Alexa. We have not been there since Christmas but we have seen most of my family at least once since then. Alexa's 3 year old birthday party will be next weekend. She is very excited about it. I am sad my baby will be 3 next month. I am very proud of the sweet, smart & adorable child she is becoming. I hope the next 3 years go a bit slower than the last 3. I am not ready for my newest baby to grow up quite so fast.

1 comment:

  1. I bet she wins all the staring contests ;) It amazes me how they don't blink as much!

    ReplyDelete