Friday, September 20, 2013

7 Weeks!

My baby girl is changing so quickly. For the first time I feel like she has been in our lives forever. I also think Alexa's view on her sister has changed. I believe she now considers her just as important as Justin and I in her world. It's hard for me to explain. Something with their interaction has recently changed and I love it. Alexa now soothes Addison without being asked to help. She thinks about what her sister may want to do (or not do) and includes her in her plans. I just love it! I know they are very early in their relationship as sisters but I think we are off to a good start. Alexa has also tried picking up her sister on her own a few times. Alexa's intentions a really good but it is scary. Addison weighs around 9 lbs & Alexa is 26 lbs. There is little chance Alexa could pick up 9 lbs and less of a chance she could carry a baby safely. We are just going to have to keep a closer eye on them.

Parenting/Mothering a newborn is much harder than I remember. I feel like I am at a disadvantage having a second child. Everything I learned with Alexa goes out the window. I am having to figure out if what I know is true to all babies or rather it was just what worked with Alexa. Alexa liked to lay on the floor and she would fall asleep. Addison wants to be held and rocked. Alexa liked to eat once and be done for hours. Addison would prefer to on demand nurse all day long. My girls have very different personalities, looks and habits. The one thing they have in common is how quickly they captured my heart. With both girls every day brings new things I fall in love with. They are both my whole world & I feel truly blessed to be their mother.

Addison still sleeps swaddled, eats when she wants (except at night she eats every 4 hours), giggles in her sleep and HATES dirty diapers. The first 7 weeks have been great. We have 3 more weeks home together before we slowly go into our new normal. These are the best days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment