Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Summer Goals

Each year I try to plan ahead on what will make summer break the most memorable and meaningful for the girls. As usual I have some academics planned. This is usually reading, writing, flash cards  and some Kumon books. The girls enjoy completing these and negotiating rewards for their sticker charts. This year I wanted to push them a bit further. I had each girl come up with 3 personal goals. I gave some ideas but in the end the goals were theirs. For accountability I am posting them below.
Addison's Goals
1. Learn to ride her bike without training wheels
2. Learn to swim in the deep end
3. Learn to read


These are some ambitious goals but I am happy she is dreaming big. Her first update: After 2 weeks of summer Addy has been going without training wheels around the block. She needs some help with sharp turns and getting started. So far so good. Swimming is making progress as well. She still has work to do. Reading is also improving. It will be her toughest goal.

Alexa's Goals
1. Back walkover
2. Running a 5k 

She hasn't come up with a third goal. I am hoping she will as the summer continues. Her back walkover is a big goal, but she can get them. Alexa and I have started the couch to 5k training program together. So far we are half way through week 4. Our race is scheduled for August 19th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment