Thursday, May 13, 2010

Half way there! (Week 20)

I am very excited to hit this mile stone. I cannot believe I am already half way there. It is not going fast at all, but its still an amazing week. Since my fall last week things have been getting better. I am walking with out my crutches & the pain is minimal. I am trying to be more careful when I walk. I will be sticking to gym shoes or flip flops from here on out. I went to the gym and did my normal arm exercises and the elliptical with no resistance. It feels good to get back into my routine.

Sleeping has been the biggest difference over the last few weeks. I have always been a belly sleeper & that is become much harder to do. Laying on your sides is the best option when you are pregnant, but I tend to only sleep 2-3 hours at a time. I usually role around for awhile & then make it back to sleep. I am open to any suggestions!

Today was the anatomy ultra sound. She weighted in at 12 ounces. This is surprisingly a very average size baby. She is measuring even a little large for a girl. It makes me excited to think she got a little bit of her Daddy's height. They were able to find all of her organs & all 10 fingers and toes. She was laying face down in the fetal position. We did not get a great face shot or profile picture. But it was neat to watch her kick and rub her eyes. She seems so much bigger than 4 weeks ago. The ultra sound tech was not able to get all the shots of the heart that she needed, so we have another one in 4 more weeks. I have become very spoiled with these ultra sounds. Our next appointment is June 10th.

2 comments:

  1. You saw her rub her eyes...that is TOO cute! I didn't know they could do that. I am with you on the sleep...its rare I can sleep more than a couple hours at a time. I lay pillows all around me and try to lay on my stomach on top of a really fluffy pillow...you could try that! I tend to sleep best on my left side though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooOOOOOHHHHHHH
    livin' on a prayer


    Thanks for the update :-)

    ReplyDelete