Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ohh Miss Alexa- 19 Weeks!

As most of you know, my knees and ankles have always been trouble for me. Yesterday I was walking in the parking lot outside of our apartment and my wonderful right ankle gave out. I fell on my right ankle and lower leg & somehow injured my femur/ hip area. Justin took me on post to get checked out. The baby has had a strong heart beat since the fall & has not given us any reason to be concerned. I did not fall on my belly, so she should not be effected by this. The leg pain was hard to diagnose because of the pregnancy. Though the radiation may only have a small impact on her, it was not something I wanted to risk. Because my pain is in the upper leg, there was no way of covering my belly during an x-ray. We called Jay & the doctors agreed the best option was to wait 3 days. During this time the pain will either subside or will get increasingly worse. Of course we are hoping it will subside. This allows the doctors to have a better idea on how to treat my leg. So far the pain is still strong, but the swelling is going down. I will be rotating between the bed & the couch for 3 days (2 left).

A dear friend of ours from church brought me dinner and stayed the night. She made sure I stayed off my feet and kept ice on my leg. Justin had his first staff duty at Fort Jackson and therefore could not be here with me. He will be home tonight and will be able to take care of us.

Little Alexa should be about 7 ounces and 6 inches from head to butt. She is getting big! I feel her kicking more and more every day. This weekend I am looking forward to Mother's day and my new perspective on it.

Thanks for all the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment