Thursday, May 20, 2010

21 Weeks!

Finally to the point where we are closer to the finish line then where we started. But I am not going to start counting down yet!

Little Alexa will start a very rapid growth spurt this week which will continue over the next month. She is expected to put on an ounce and a half each week. Though her length will not make as a dramatic change, this extra weight will start putting meat on her bones. Her eyes should be starting a more regular REM (Rapid eye movement) cycles which will teach her sleep cycles. Her very red skin is still translucent, but she has some time to work on that.

I still don't really feel like I am showing. I can clearly see a change in my stomach, but its not more than just excess belly fat to me. The uterus should now be positioned about a 1/2 inch above the belly button. I have put on over 10lbs, but not exactly sure on the weight gain from last week. I stopped weighing myself every day & will just leave that up to the doctors.

Mom, Dad & Beth purchased our nursery furniture. We decided on a sleigh crib, 5 drawer dresser & separate changing table. The crib will be converted into a toddler bed until we decide to have baby #2 (side note: we are wanting them about 3 years apart in age). The changing table will be arriving sometime this week, the crib sometime next week & the dresser will be here in June. I am very excited to start assembling her nursery.

On Sunday, Justin and I attended an 'Oh Baby conference. There were educational sessions as well as vendor tables. We registered to win a bunch of things & ended up with a diaper cake and baby hat. The diaper cake has at least 100 diapers in it, a baby outfit, and a bunch of breast feeding items. We are still very much considering using cloth diapers while we are home with her. I have been doing a lot of research & feel that they can be good for not only the environment but also save us some money. Of course we will be using disposable when we travel or are out of the house foe the day.

That is about it for now. This week we will be starting on putting the nursery furniture together, finalizing all of our summer plans & hopefully enjoying this beautiful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment