Thursday, October 14, 2010

4 Weeks Old

Alexa had a busy week. On Friday we traveled to Greenville. Alexa did great for the entire 2 hour drive. She met her Great-Grandparents & saw her uncles as well as a few of her Grandparents. We went to Justin's High School Alumni BBQ & about 20 minutes of the homecoming football game. This was Alexa's first night away from home. We brought her pack 'n play, bouncer & a ton of diapers and outfits. Of course we over packed! Alexa & I slept in Chase's bedroom. She did great the entire night. She woke up twice, ate & then went right back to sleep. It was really nice to wake up on Saturday & feel some what refreshed.

Saturday morning Alexa met Leah & JB. JB was not sure about her at first but ended up giving her a kiss on the forehead before he left. I am sure in a few years they will be playing together. Saturday evening we went to a friends house to celebrate their birthdays. Alexa was a great sport & slept through most of it. I was able to get a lot of my questions answered from Liz & was given a lot of great nursing support. Jerusha & Alexa had their first dinner date!

Sunday morning we attended church. Alexa was grunting & cuing all through bible study. She did really well through the contemporary service. She did wake up & decided she was hungry. I took her into the prayer room, fed her & made it back from the last few songs. The music in there can be loud, but Alexa does not seem to be bothered by it. We had lunch with the Dieckmanns & then spent the afternoon as a family.

This week Alexa & I have been running errands together. I started using the stroller & have been getting quite the work out getting it in and out of the car. It is amazing to me on long our simple errands have been taking. But we did manage to get a little bit of clothes shopping in & more importantly picked up Alexa's birth certificate.

Alexa has started to use her hands and has been focusing on objects. I had her under her play gym for 20 minutes at a time each day this week. She LOVES the music & tries to grab at the toys. Justin discovered Alexa's love for music. At times it is the only thing we can use to get her to calm down. She loves to hear people sing & gets upset when it is just back ground music. So far she likes Ben Folds & Maroon 5! Alexa also started outgrowing her newborn outfits. I cannot believe we are already packing up some of her clothes. She is also very close to transitioning into size 1 diapers. My baby girl is growing up sooo fast!

I wanted to share somethings that I am come to realize over the last month. A successful day should not be measured by how clean the house is or even if you were able to get your hair brushed. But instead it should be measured by a happy baby & a well rested Momma. Getting to take a shower, doing a load of laundry or making a nice dinner are just bonuses (they don't happen around here anymore). I have been doing my best to sit back and just enjoy the time I have with Alexa. I know there will come a time where I do not get to sit on the coach and stare at my beautiful baby. So for now, the bed may not be made, my hair will be kept in a pony tail & dinner will consist of whatever we manage to piece together but we will be enjoying every minute of it.

I may not be able to post the next few weeks. But to give you an idea of what we will be up to: Alexa will be getting dedicated, have her one month check up & we are moving half way across the country. I will continue to do my best to post pictures & give updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment