Thursday, January 20, 2011

4 Months Old

We survived another big snow storm this week. This also means that we had a few days trapped inside the house. We made due but were glad when we were finally able to get back out.

Tuesday was our first infant massage class. Alexa LOVED it. She stayed on her back and smiled through the entire class. There is a little boy in the class who is 2 months old. Alexa would look over at him & he would kick his legs. I guess She was flirting. (Don't tell Justin) I am really looking forward to our class this week. I am hoping I can fit it into my schedule so we can complete the course. Our music class was canceled again because of the storm. We will not be able to continue in this class with my new work schedule. Hopefully we can join a different class on the weekends.

So I got a job. It is actually the first job I applied for & the only one I interviewed with. I am really looking forward to the work. The idea of leaving Alexa makes me sick to my stomach. I have LOVED every minute of the last 4 months. I know the next few week will be tough. But I am going to give it a good try & hopefully it will be the best decision for us.

Alexa continue to work on her rolling over skills. She is really good at going from her back to her tummy, but has made very little progress on the reverse. She also likes to blow raspberries (spit bubbles) out of her mouth. She finds it really funny if you do it back to her. I know it is teaching bad habits, but it is adorable.

This week we will be running a ton of errands. I have to find Alexa a sitter this week. It is much harder than I thought it would be. Leavenworth is such a small town that there is no chain centers & the church daycares are very limited.

Goals from last week:
Getting Alexa on a better napping schedule (3 or 4 longer naps instead of 6-7 catnaps) FAILED
Spreading the daytime bottles to 4hours FAILED
Increase tummy time to 4 times a day (at least 5 minutes each session) SUCCESS

This week I want to continue to work on the first two goals & also work on a nigh time routine.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I've suggested it to you or not before, but I find that it's helpful to play with my son actively (tummy time, sitting up, etc.) right before I want him to take a nap. We'll keep this up for 30 min - varying what we do, of course, and he is out like a light!

    ReplyDelete