Thursday, January 2, 2014

5 Months Old!

Our big girl is 5 months old. She is such a happy girl (except when we travel). She is growing slow and steady. She weighs in around 13 1/2 pounds. I am not sure of her length but she is growing. Addison was wearing size 3 month clothes around Thanksgiving and now she wears 6 months and is moving into 9 months. I cannot believe it! I decided to try baby food with her a few weeks ago. I goal was that she would like the food and have something to eat with her babysitter on the days I work. Since she still does not take a bottle, I figured I would give food a shot. She did not like the oatmeal and still does not care for it. We then fried carrots and she loved them. After a week of  just a bite or two a day we tried peas, sweet potatoes, apples and bananas. She does not like fruit at all. I tried it with some cereal to soften the taste and she food a little of it. Right now she is getting about 5-6 bites of baby food once a day. Once she hits 6 months we will increase it to 2-3 times a day. Her sitter has reported that Addison is happier now that she has a little something to eat between our feedings.

Addison LOVES her bath. She kicks and laughs for as long as I let her. I usually give the girls baths at the same time, so Addison can stay in longer. I have even filled the big bath up around Addison so the girls could play together. Alexa gets very excited to take a bath with her sister. She shares toys and sings her songs. She has even tried to wash her hair. Alexa loves her little sister so much and really looks forward to teaching her new things. I hope they stay close. A few weeks ago I had Addison on Alexa's bed as we were reading the bedtime books. When I picked Addison up to put her into her crib Alexa got sad. She really wanted her sister to sleep with her. She then asked if we could move Addison's crib into her room. It was a sweet suggestion, but I am not quite ready for that. I am guessing Addison will stay in my room until we move and then we will reevaluate the sleeping arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment