Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ohio Vacation

We arrived in Ohio or should I say Indiana after a long 3 hour flight. I have been dreading the flight alone with both girls since we booked it. I am glad we were able to have the extra time but it was a daunting task to get there. Both girls did surprisingly well on the flight. They both ate, played a little bit, went potty & then slept. We arrived in Indiana safely. We then had a three and a half hour drive to Grammie's house. This proved to be the bigger challenge. Again, the girls eat and slept. Once we arrived the girls had a great time with Grammie, Aunt Heather and Jackson. Alexa and Jackson jumped on the trampoline and played on the swing set. Addison did a little bit of playing outside but mostly enjoyed the indoor toys. Once we arrived at Aunt Megan's house the girls were WIDE AWAKE! The time change was the hardest part of traveling for them. The first night they were up until 1130. This gradually got easier as the week went on.

The next day we attend church with Megan, Matthew and Katelyn. Alexa had lots of fun and Addison survived the entire hour in the nursery (this wasn't the case last year). In the afternoon we met up with PaPa & Ms. Barb as well as Meg, Brandon  & Sebastian. The kids played in a giant indoor play yard for a few hours. They never tired... unlike the adults.

On Monday we went out to eat with Tom & Mary and the Falconieri Family. Alexa did great not sitting next to me. This is one of the first times she sat away from both Justin and I at a nice restaurant. I am glad to see she can be trusted. Addison enjoyed listening to herself echo and dropping food on the floor. I let her try a straw with water for the first time. She was able to suck it up and swallow without losing the water in the straw. It was crazy to see! She has turned into a great eater and drinker. :)

On Tuesday I woke up feeling sick. I ended up with mastitis. Steve took me to the urgent care to get antibiotics. The illness really ruined the day but I am glad it only lasted 1 day. Megan was a HUGE help to me. I don't know what I would have done if I had to take care of the girls while being so sick.

Wednesday we were able to have our scheduled day with GB. It started out with homemade french toast at GB's house. I am always nervous on what Alexa will eat or not eat when we are out. She surprised us all and ate a ton of french toast. She asked for it for many days after that. We then went to the Reds/Diamondbacks game downtown. We parked in Kentucky and walked over the bridge. It was a beautiful day for the hike. The girls did great but did get bored with the game. We made it through the 6th inning just after the Diamondbacks scored a 2 run home run. They went on to win! After the game we drove to see GB's new house. The girls slept the entire time but I really enjoyed being able to walk into a 3D blueprint. It was really neat to see the wall going up literally around us. That night GB made us and Aunt Maggie dinner. It was a great day!

Thursday started the adventures of the wedding. Alexa, Megan and I all got our nails done together. Alexa was so surprised that the person doing her nails was a boy. She enjoyed every bit of it & then went off to play with her cousins. Luckily the girls got to bed a little bit earlier this night so we could be a little rested before the busy weekend began.

On Friday, Addison and I drove to the nail place to meet up with Maggie, GB and the bridesmaids. Addison was a little loud but overall a good baby for a nail salon. She played in the pedicure tube as I was getting my toes painted. Yes, it's as gross as it sounds. Megan and Alexa showed up shortly after and we were heading back to get ready for the rehearsal. Alexa was super pumped up at this point. She did great following instructions and practicing for the wedding. Even at dinner she was a very well behaved 3 1/2 year old. Addison on the other hand was not ready to be cooperative. She gave Steve a run for her money. Once the rehearsal was over Justin arrived. I was re-leaved that reinforcements have arrived. What I wasn't prepared for was Addison's desire to be held by only be. She made it one tough dinner, but then she fell asleep. We were able to enjoy the last 30 minutes or so before we left exhausted.

Saturday was sooo much fun but almost a blur. We drove downtown early enough to make our 11am hair appointments. Of course we had some delays getting the car unloaded and the kids inside so we were a little late. Justin had the task of getting to the room with all the stuff and taking care of Addison while I took Alexa with me. Alexa and I had a great time getting pampered. Looking back I should have put our hair up instead of the mostly down hair we went with. We had some stressed as it fell out throughout the day. Alexa did not enjoy having to be careful with her hair but once she started getting compliments I think she was ok. After hair it was make up and then getting dressed. From there it was pictures and time to go. Addison had a rough time being out of her element. She spent the day with Justin and then Mary. She attended a little bit of the reception and then headed to bed. Alexa did amazing through the ceremony. She sprinkled her flowers and then did a "Let it go" throw at the end. I loved it! Her evening got even better once the dance floor opened up. She danced until she fell asleep on the reception chairs at 1030pm. The next day she asked me if she could stay up all night again.

Sunday morning we had breakfast at the hotel and then headed back to Megan's house. Alexa went to church while Justin and I set up for the girls party. Alexa picked a unicorn themed birthday party for her and Alexa.  Great- Grandma & and Grandpa, Grammie, Papa & Ms. Barb, Paw Paw & Maw Maw and Caleb, Tom and Mary and of course the Falconieri's were all there. Alexa and Matt did a version on Pin the Horn on the Unicorn as well as a pinata. I think it went well. Alexa LOVED being song to and enjoyed her cupcake. Addison did not eat her cake. Oh well!

Monday was spent with Great- Grandpa & Great- Grandma. The girls enjoyed a quiet lunch and then we went to a splash pad. Addison crawled around a little bit and then played in the shade. Alexa enjoyed the water sprayers and then go pushed on a swing by Ms. Barb. That night we met up with the Falconieri Family for dinner. The kids were really rowdy. I think we all decided we are done with eating out for awhile. It was too exhausting.

On Tuesday we spend another afternoon/evening at GB's house. GB and Aunt Maggie threw the girls a Sheriff Callie birthday party. GB did a great job on the cake. Alexa was very pleased with it. Addison enjoyed playing with her cousins new puppy. I think she was just after the food. GB and Aunt Maggie both took some great pictures of the girls. It was a fun ending to a busy few weeks.

Wednesday was the day we were heading home. I was ready to get home to some quieter times but sad to be leaving all of our family. The flight home was much harder than the one coming. However I have learned to not care as much on what people think and just try to keep the kids as calm as I can. Once we landed and felt the warm Arizona air, life was good. We are not sure when we will be back to Ohio but we made lots of memories on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment