Thursday, February 10, 2011

4 Months Part 4

On Sunday, Alexa had her first experience with solids. My plan is still to wait until as close to 6 months as possible before making it apart of her daily routine. This weekend she was having some issues having a bm so we took the advice from Megan to try some stage 1 prunes. Alexa had no spoon issues and ate half the container. Unfortunately she still did not go to the bathroom until the next morning. But I did at least learn that she can use a spoon and the practice stage of rice is not necessary for her.

Alexa's newest trick which makes me laugh every time started this week. When she is tired she will not only tries to dig her face into my chest but now she turns her head up and tries to suck on my chin. The first time she did this I thought she was giving me a kiss (which she does, but with her mouth open). She has continued to do it at least once a day. I don't know why she thinks my chin is so tasty.

Super bowl Sunday! I tried to make it fun for Alexa, but she was very tired and barely made it to kick off. Oh well.. I see us having many more super bowl parties in the future and I am sure she will remember those more.

Tuesday was our last infant massage class. We learned the techniques for the face & back. Alexa enjoyed the back massage but refused to stay still for her face. We ended up just playing during that part. We made some really good friends in the class & I will really miss our weekly gathering.

We also found a sitter for Alexa. Her name is Madelyn and she has a 2 month old son named Adam. She lives about a mile down the street from us. Her husband was just moved here this week to join Justin's unit. They are both 22 years old and have been married a year and a half. I really feel comfortable in their home and believe Alexa will have a good time there. She will be starting next week for just 3 hours a day until I start working full time. I figured a slow transition will be good for all of us. Madelyn has expressed an interest in watching an additional child once Alexa and Adam are a little older. So for now it will just be the two of them.

I feel we have been very successful with Alexa's sleeping routine. She knows what to expect when we go upstairs and she has been really easy to put down for both her naps and bed time. I really hope when she starts daycare she will have any easy transition & will sleep well for them.

This weekend we are looking forward to our visit from Grandma, Aunt Heather & Jackson. Bengal and Carson will also be returning home. I have really missed my fur babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment