Friday, February 18, 2011

5 Months Old!

Our little girl is officially 5 months old.

The other day while getting Alexa ready for her bath, I stood her up in the water. She immediately started smiling... and then started to pee. I am very fortunate she is a girl or I would have been sprayed. Then again a few days later I had another close call. I put Alexa in her frog robe to take some photos. She smiled and gave me a few cute shots and then I picked her up and realized she peed not only on her robe but on my bed. Oh well she knows how to make me laugh.

This week was Alexa's first week at the sitters (Madelyn). She went Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 8-11am. I got great reports from Madelyn each day. Alexa came home and took really long naps. I think it will take them both a little time to get used to each other but I still feel this will be a good fit. Alexa will go back next week for 3 days & then start full time on the 28th.

We had a great week. Alexa and Justin had lots of time talking on video chat. I love watching them interact, its really a special thing. We were able to go outside on Wednesday. Our walk ended up lasting over an hour, it was sooo beautiful outside. I tried to push Alexa in the baby swing, but she did not care for it.

Alexa also started solids. She rotates between whole grain rice & oatmeal. She definitely prefers the oatmeal. She takes 2 tablespoons of cereal with 1 ounce of breast milk. She has not had any negative effects with the food & seems to really enjoy it. The only issue now comes when I am eating my own food. If I eat anything out of a bowl, Alexa will open her mouth and sometimes starts crying. Haha.. I just love her! In another month we will start introducing baby food purees into her diet.

Things I never want to forget:
*Alexa's high pitch scream as she is sneezing
*Alexa shows a very concerned look when you move her around in the highchair
*Her singing in her crib and then laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment