Monday, July 1, 2013

33 Weeks!

The last three weeks have been mostly uneventful. At 31 weeks we had a routine doctor's appointment. Nothing really stood out. Addison's heart beat was good & everything measured just as it should. I got my hospital registration packet and started getting all the paper work completed. My pre-registration appointment is July 12th. I will be 35 weeks then. I was planning on doing it sooner but decided I would wait until my first furlough day. Justin, Alexa and I went for our hospital tour. It was very brief but got me really excited. The labor & delivery unit seems great. The rooms are huge. The hospital offers whirlpools, birthing balls and lots of little extra amenities. The Mother/Baby unit seems nice as well. The rooms are small but still seem comfy. 

The end of last week started out with a scare. Addison typically moves like crazy during most of the day & then chills out for a few hours at a time. When she is calm I can still poke her & she will jab me back. On Thursday morning I felt NOTHING. I went over 2 hours with absolutely no movement. I drank lots of fluids, ate a banana & some candy and still nothing. I called the doctor and he wanted to see me right away. Justin picked me up and we went. The doctor wanted an ultra sound down. Addison's heartbeat was strong and consistent. The ultra sound tech did a few tests on her to check her responses. She seemed to try for more than 5 minutes to get her to move/wake up before she finally responded. She ended up giving her an 8/8 on her NST (Non-stress test). 

I had my routine appointment today. Addison's heartbeat was 155 and measured perfect. I have gained 24 lbs on the doc's scale. She told me if I do not feel 4-5 movements in 2 hours then to call right away or if I am concerned outside of that. I really feel a lot better knowing she is just a morning sleeper. The doctor also checked me to make sure we are not having any early labor signs. I am 1 centimeter dilated & 50% effaced. This is about where I should be for a second baby & being 33 weeks. So I am going to do my best to relax for the next 2 weeks. 

Over the last few weeks we have also been working on getting the house/nursery ready for Addison's arrival. I got all the clothes washed & put way. It took a really long time to get everything sorted by size. I made my big list of everything that needs to be done before she arrives. So far it has around 20 items on it. I am trying to do at least one a day to get things done before I hit full term. We shall see.

Happy July!

No comments:

Post a Comment