Friday, July 26, 2013

Full Term (37 Weeks)

We made it!!! Baby Addison is considered full term from the medical stand point. Full term really just means all the organs are developed and the baby should be safe if she arrived at this time. I have also learned that babies born between 37 and 39 weeks are at higher risk for jaundice (like Alexa had), breast feeding issues and weight issues. So of course our goal is to make it until 39 weeks. Either way, she will come when she is ready & we are very excited to meet her.

At 36 weeks I had my cervix checked. I was 2 centimeters & 50-60% effaced. 10 days later I was still 2 centimeters & 70% effaced. So we are making slow progress. I am hoping I will dilate a little more before my next appointment. :) I have gained a total of 29lbs as of 37 weeks.

We are very close to being completely ready for Addison's arrival. I have installed her new car seat in my car, packed her bags & her room is ready for her. We still need to finish packing the rest of the family's bags, put up her wall letters (once they arrive) and get her video system installed. I believe we have everything else ready to go.

Alexa keeps asking me if it is Addison's birthday. It's adorable, yet hard at the same time to explain to her what "soon" means. We are at the point where everyone keeps asking her if she is ready to be a big sister. She of course has no idea what that really means. I am still very eager to see how she responds to her new sister and really hope the change is not too overwhelming for her.

My fabulous co-workers through us a surprise shower this week. Our office was decorated with pink balloons, table clothes &  an "It's a Girl" sign. I truly had no idea it was happening until I pulled up to work that morning. We were given lots of care items, including diapers and a gift card. There was lots of breakfast foods, flowers & great friends. It made me VERY excited to go into labor.

This weekend I am going to finish my small things to do list & then hopefully start my count down next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment