Thursday, June 10, 2010

24 Weeks!

This last week once again went by quickly. We spent the weekend in Greenville with Justin's family. Donna wanted to take family pictures in football jerseys. Of course I was the only one in a Bengal's jersey, but I know next time Alexa will match me. Justin had a great time with his brothers, which he always does. Monday started a crazy week for both Justin & I. Justin spent 3 days in the field simulating what he would really be doing in Army once all his training is completed. He kept busy & enjoyed what he was doing. I really think he enjoys all the computer work & delegation involved in his job. He was unfortunate with his sleep schedule. He was given the 6am- 2pm shift. This really messed up his schedule. He was not able to sleep at all the last day & came home very tired. He took a 4 hour nap & then slept 10 hours that night. He still does not feel back to normal. I took Bengal & Carson to Cincinnati. I am very happy that I-40 is open & it made the trip less than 8 hours each way. When I arrived home on Tuesday I was very exhausted. Wednesday I went back to work & feel good to be back into the swing on things.

Alexa continues to grow more proportional each and every day. During pregnancy week 24 her organ systems continue to mature as do the central nervous system, digestive system and even reproductive and circulatory systems. Your baby's lungs are also starting to form little branches and will eventually start producing a substance called surfactant, which prevents her lungs from sticking together and helps the baby to breathe after birth. Alexa's survival rate is about 39% if she were to be born this week. Still way to early, but getting closer every day.

I started this blog yesterday & am continuing it today to include the most recent doctors visit. Everything started out like the typical appointment. I was weighted in at 105.4lbs & had a normal range blood pressure reading. We were then given an ultra sound. Alexa was kicking up a storm. She continually bounced around & put on a good show for us. She really looks like her Daddy. I was then taken to see the doctor. We talked about the braxton hicks contractions that I have been experiencing for 8 weeks. She wanted to make sure the cervix was not shortening. So I was sent back to the ultra sound tech where they measured my cervix at 2.79, which is was indeed shorter than the 3.2 I was measured at previously. I was then hooked up to the contraction monitor for about 30 minutes. I was not having an contactions but there was uterine irritations. They prescribed terbutaline sulfate to hopefully relax the uterus. I was told to take it easy. This means no extra anything, including walking. I can still continue with work & our normal plans... but nothing extra. I will go back on Thursday to be measured again. (6 days)

That's about it for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment