Thursday, June 3, 2010

Another week down...23 Weeks today!

This is the first time I can say that a week has gone by quickly. This week was also the first time that someone who did not know I was pregnant asked if I was. It may have something to do with me rubbing my belly all the time or that I am actually really showing. I enjoy being asked if I am pregnant or when I am due. But the follow up question is ALWAYS, how old are you? I am glad they are asking, so I can proudly say that I will be 23 next month, instead of them thinking I am 16 or 17. If I can tell I am getting stared at, but they are uncomfortable asking then I make a comment about my husband & they stop looking so judgmental towards me.. :) Overall, I enjoy looking pregnant & love talking to people about it.

This week we enjoyed the rest of our trip to the beach & all 5 of us made it home safely. We shopped at the Tanger outlets in Charleston, Justin had fun buying Alexa some clothes. It's the first time that we personally have bought anything new for her. Justin found her a few Christmas outfits & a half dozen or so pants sets. Alexa's dresser arrived this week. Justin and I have both been to exhausted to even think about putting it together. So it will get pushed off for a few weeks.

Alexa's growth this week is very similar to last week. She should still be around 11 inches and about a pound in weight. If we could look into the womb we would see that she looks very much like a newborn baby, just much smaller. Some say they look like small dolls at this stage. She should also be able to hear noises from outside of my body. She is currently very active & you can feel & watch her move through my clothes.

The most exciting thing about week 23 is that she now has a chance of survival if she were to be born early. Of course our goal is full term, but this does not always happen. Fetal survival rate is around 17% if born at 23 weeks. Yes I am very aware on how small of a percent that is. But it is a real reminder that I have a little human growing inside of me. I cannot believe that she has the capability of surviving outside of my body already. But lets all keep praying for another 3 1/2 more months of healthy pregnancy, then we can start wishing her out.

This week we will be traveling to Greenville to see Brandon graduate from high school & then celebrate with a party. On Monday I will be taking our furry children to Cincinnati to spend a month with their Grandma. Actually, my mother has agreed to watch them for a month while Justin & I will be traveling. They tend to do better being in one place instead of being carried around from house to house. Over the next 4 1/2 weeks Justin & I will spend a total of 9 nights at our apartment & the rest of the time we will be out taking on the world. Oh the joys of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment