Sunday, June 13, 2010

No more medicine!

I want to apologize to anyone who will be hearing about this for the first time while reading this. Justin and I are doing our best to keep people informed. Feel free to call either one of us for additional information.

I started taking the turbutaline on Friday morning. I was told this would cause shakiness, jittery feelings & an increase heart rate. Through out the day on Friday I had just that. I did my best to stay hydrated & limit my activities. On Saturday morning I woke up feeling very weak with a new symptom of chest pain. I spent most of the day trying not to focus on it & stay as positive as I could. By 8pm I was having so much pain that I decide I was not going to take my next dosage of medicine and see if that helps. I ended up skipping the midnight, 4am & 8am medicines because of the nausea that started. I woke up Sunday morning very dizzy & vomiting. We made it to church & felt alright for about 2 hours. I had to leave the service about 10 minutes early and we decided to call the on-call physician. He advised me to go to the the labor & delivery unit in the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital at noon. I was hooked up to a contraction monitor & heart rate monitor for Alexa. My blood pressure was taken every 15 minutes, which was high & my pulse was continually between 105-115 (high). My contractions were very minor but fairly regulatory. I was put on an IV dip for the entire time I was there. The cardiologist came in and ordered an EKG & Echo... all of which came back normal. He said I have a great looking heart. He also advised me that under no circumstance am I ever to be put on this medicine again. My heart is very "efficient" and cannot properly function under this medicine.

The OB doctor had a lot of blood work done, all of which came back normal. I was also given a test that determined I was not currently in preterm labor. My cervix is still closed. So we had really good news after 7 long hours. Basically my heart is good & I am not in labor. But, I was told I needed to see a high risk doctor & that I need to be on bedrest until I have my appointment.

I am now setting up camp in the bed & will remain here for an unknown amount of time. I will call a few new doctor's tomorrow and attempt to get in sometime this week.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you are not in preterm labor and that you're heart is good as well! I hope you start to feel better soon!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete