Thursday, June 24, 2010

26 Weeks!

Finally a week with great news. Alexa's doctors appointment started out with the usual routine & then we were given an ultrasound. I love being able to actually see our daughter. She continues to look great to the doctors. She weighed in at 1lb 15 ounces. All of her measurements were right on schedules or a little ahead. Her femur bone was measuring in the 70th percent tile! The doctor checked it a few times just to make sure. When the doctor did the final over all percent tile he took out the femur measurement. He said that one long bone cant really give an accurate result. So she is currently in the 48th percent tile & in the 60th percent tile if you include her legs. I am not sure where she got her long legs from, but we'll take it.

The doctor continued by checking on me. My cervix has not shortened anymore & that's a good thing. He feels confident that we are in a safer place now. I am allowed to do "moderate activity" for the time being. He said this is basic walking for up to an hour a day. I still need to be very careful with the heat & not to lift anything. He wants to continue to see me regularly. I go back in 2 weeks for the glucose test.

I will not have many details on Alexa's weekly development from here on out. A baby born at 26 weeks has about an 80% chance of survival. This is sooo exciting. This also means that most of the crucial development stages are behind us. During the last 14 weeks of pregnancy her organs will be maturing and she will be gaining weight. So keep it up Alexa!

This past week Justin & I traveled to Delaware/ Pennsylvania for his cousins wedding. We all had a great time. At one point my feet were swelling & I felt like shrek. I made sure to have all my fluids & did little activity. I did have 3 opportunities to swim. I love swimming when I am pregnant. It is an amazing feeling to not have any weight on my back. It seems like just a few weeks ago I was writing about people asking me if I was pregnant. Well this week I had someone ask me if I was "ready to pop?" As shocked as I was to be asked this, it was still exciting that I look that pregnant. So we are now taking the green dress out of the wardrobe... I believe she was actually embarrassed when I told her I have 3 more months.. LOL! I should have been a little more prepared for this comment after hearing I put on 2.5lbs this last week. (16 in total)

Justin & I are heading to Orlando tomorrow. We will be spending the weekend alone before the Cox family joins us on Sunday. I am looking forward to Seaworld & It's a Small World. I have a list of things I can & cannot ride, lets just say that one list is a lot longer. We will be back in Columbia next Thursday.

11 Weeks until full term & 14 weeks until our due date!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the glucose test!!! It's really not that bad, just annoying. Glad everything is well with you and Alexa!

    ReplyDelete